Facilitate Process Painting and Transform Lives
In The Painting Experience Facilitator Training Program, you will join an intimate group of practicing facilitators to support your learning in an atmosphere of mutual trust, respectful feedback, and empathy for the courage to step into the role of catalyst and guide. While learning the skills of facilitation, you’ll be supported to find your own learning edge in developing your unique style of facilitation. In addition to Facilitation Practice, Group Mentoring sessions will be available to learn about the business side of offering painting classes and workshops.
The Principles of Process Arts teaches the philosophy and methods of process-oriented education developed by The Painting Experience over the last four decades. Presented by founder Stewart Cubley and his staff, this self-paced course gives you the materials, tools and community to incorporate process arts into your life and your work.
The Art of Facilitating brings the principles of process painting into practice. This self-paced course provides an experiential understanding of each principle by illustrating how they weave together in the interplay of painting and facilitating. Prerequisite: The Principles of Process Arts.
Process Arts Practicum is a supervised online group facilitation practice designed to give you first-hand experience working directly with others in a supportive environment under the guidance of Painting Experience trainers. Session recordings and follow-up feedback comments will be available for your continued learning. By application after completing the above two courses.
Facilitation Skills You Will Learn
- Value the power of your own deep presence
- Find your own style and approach to facilitating
- Enter a session with grace and ease
- Facilitate using the 7 principles of process arts
- Ask questions – and which questions to ask
- Learn directly from the painter what feedback worked in a painting
- Learn also what feedback didn’t work
- Develop your intuition as a guide
- Read body language and track somatic cues
- Trust and respect each painter’s process
- Build your painter’s trust in you
- Trust yourself!
- Create a loving and respectful space in which to explore
- Respond to the personal needs and styles of each person
- Gain confidence working with your own group of painters
- Create presentations about various aspects of the painting process