The Painting Experience Affiliate Program
As a Painting Experience affiliate, you will carry on the legacy and values of process arts as practiced by The Painting Experience while bringing forth your own unique individuality as a practitioner and guide.
As an affiliate, you’ll be supported in your development as a facilitator. Here are some examples:
Benefits and Opportunities
- Your name, affiliate status and website link will be listed on The Painting Experience website in order for you to draw a wider audience to the work you’re offering.
- You will have opportunities to co-facilitate in-person workshops and online Process Circles.
- You will be able to attend both group and individual mentoring sessions at a reduced fee.
- You may attend online workshops and weekly painting sessions for a reduced fee.
Access to Resources
- You will have continued access to The Painting Experience knowledge base.
- You will be a member of the Affiliate Slack Channel to connect with the staff and other facilitators for collaboration, shared topics of interest and expertise.
How You Can Contribute
- You will have opportunities to make presentations to the community on topics of your choice.
- If interested, you can organize regional affiliate gatherings and participate in in-person trainings in collaboration with The Painting Experience.
- Completed The Principles of Process Arts
- Completed The Art of Facilitating
- Completed at least three Process Arts Practicums
- Attended a minimum of two on-site or online Painting Experience workshops
- Completed a minimum of 99 hours of weekly online sessions (includes Practicum painting sessions)
- Completed and submitted an Affiliate application
By the time you have met the above requirements, you will have enough first-hand experience to know if you want to carry on the values and methods of The Painting Experience in your work. Conversely, the staff will know you well enough to determine whether you are a good fit for the Affiliate Program.
Admission to the program is limited and not all who apply will be accepted. Becoming an affiliate does not assume that you will join The Painting Experience as staff or be employed by our organization.
- To be determined
Katie Birchenough, Affiliate
Although I was born with an artist’s soul and yearned to paint, it wasn’t until a Process Painting workshop with Stewart Cubley in 1997 that I realized painting was available to everyone. Yet even after that revelation, I continued on my roundabout journey which included theater performance and teaching, shiatsu practitioner, marriage and motherhood, business owner, and horsemanship—until I arrived back at Stewart’s door. Immersed in process painting, the creative wound that had kept me apart from full expression and wholeness began to heal. I’m fascinated by the claws of perfectionism, the healing balm of humor, and the power of acceptance to create a safe and fertile space where expression and surprise can flourish.
Laura Chasko, Affiliate
I discovered the Painting Experience in 2017 and was immediately hooked. It was a transformational experience for me, and I love being able to share this possibility with others. Process painting has enhanced all aspects of my world, helping me to trust the unfolding of life, however it occurs. As a cranial sacral and energy healing therapist, the trust, willingness to stay in the moment, and openness to new ways of creative expression I have gained are invaluable. My creativity as an abstract painter (and doodler extraordinaire) has flourished as I blend the worlds of process painting expression with painting to create a “product.” As a facilitator, I value creating a safe space for others to explore and expand their creativity in new ways, to accept what wants to be expressed, to stretch and grow, and to have a bit of fun while we’re at it. In 2020, I moved from the U.S. to Costa Rica, where I enjoy introducing others to the magic and potential of process painting.